Thursday, January 24, 2008

Burnout Paradise: Hands On Impressions



So I think I'm ready to rule on this one. In a word: Amazing. I'll have a full review coming soon as apparently a guitar hero update I downloaded today makes my xbox pull up the blade on its own.....randomly. Once I figure this out, I'll get you a review. Right now some hands on impressions. The online is seamless with the main game and that means a lot. In the few matches I've had it takes only a few seconds and someone is in Paradise City with you tearing shit up. The online challenges are a good idea and there is a lot of them to be had, but some of them seem almost impossible if you only have two people (like I did) attempting them as they are evenly split between the players. If you have to do 10 barrel rolls then you go until you get them, with two people it gets done a lot slower then if five to eight people are attempting this at the same time.

As far as the offline goes there is no way to restart a challenge or race once you've begun it. That isn't a huge deal to me, but from the online chatter I've seen it is to some people. You can go anywhere at anytime from the minute you start the game and thats a big feat. Take any challenge in any order and you can roam the city to find which one tickles your fancy on the spot.

Once my xbox stops fueling me with the rage required to throw it from my roof I'll put time into it and post a full review then.

No comments: